A PGDM program, or Post Graduate Diploma in Management, is comparable to a postgraduate degree in management. The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has authorized these courses, which are offered by some of the finest autonomous institutions in India. Hence, PGDM courses are an excellent option for postgraduate degrees, mainly if completed at a reputable institution.
These courses, developed by a few of the industry's brightest brains, equip students to become competent professionals. Furthermore, the duration of the course is for two years. Students may choose their PGDM specialization according to their talents and interests. PGDM offers specializations in Marketing, Financial Management, Human Resources, International business, Business Analytics, Operations Supply Chain Management etc.
Below, we will mention all the details about PGDM admission, including the process, eligibility, and how to apply.
PGDM Admission 2023 Process: An Overview
National organizations, institutions, or a group of institutions administer PGDM Entrance examinations. After passing these examinations, applicants are asked to participate in further rounds, including a written test and group discussion, followed by a personal interview. After all these steps, the institute will offer an admission offer letter if a student qualifies. The students can confirm their acceptance by depositing the requisite fees and submitting the documentation.
PGDM Admission 2023 Eligibility
Admission criteria and eligibility requirements may vary across institutions. You must meet several standard requirements to be qualified for admission to the PGDM program at most PGDM education institutions.
Here are the general requirements for obtaining a PGDM degree:
- You must be a graduate from an affiliated college.
- You must have graduated with an aggregate score of at least 50 per cent. For prestigious colleges like IIM, a graduation GPA of at least 60% or 6.5 on a scale of 10 is necessary.
- Some institutions necessitate completing admission examinations like CMAT, CAT, GMAT, or XAT or institutes conduct their own entrance exam.
- Some institutions additionally need you to pass their interview procedure, which may include essay writing, group discussion, and personal interviews, among other things.
PGDM Admission 2023: Process to Apply
The application procedure for PGDM admissions differs from institution to university. Several colleges provide admissions based on the academic performance of the bachelor's degree. Further, individuals with a Bachelor of Business Administration have an edge since they have foundational knowledge. Also, multiple institutions admit students based on their performance on a university- or government-administered entrance test.
So, let's have a look at the various procedure:
1. Direct admissions: Students may apply for PGDM admission directly to the institute by contacting, filling out the admission form, providing the necessary documents, and submitting the application offline. Additionally, candidates may register by visiting the university's website, completing the PGDM online application form, and submitting the required documents in the appropriate format.
2. Entrance examination: In most cases, students get admission based on merit; nevertheless, certain universities and institutes may administer their entrance exams for Post Graduate Diploma in Management admittance.
Some standard entrance exams are as follows:
CAT: The Common Admission Test (CAT) is a standardized admission examination for India's IIMs and other institutions offering PGDM.
MAT: The All India Management Association facilitates the MAT (Management Aptitude Test) for MBA/PGDM admissions. Moreover, this is a national-level entrance exam.
XAT: XAT is a national management entrance examination. It is facilitated by XLRI, Jamshedpur, for entrance to MBA/PGDM programs.
ATMA: The Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS) facilitates ATMA (AIMS Test for Management Admissions), a national examination for MBA, MCA, PGDM, and PGDBA courses.
Accurate Institute of Management & Technology
Accurate Institute is continually involved in curriculum innovation by identifying existing and developing business challenges and opportunities. The AICTE has approved the AIMT's PGDM program, comparable to an MBA. Further, the institution has a strong reputation for 100% placement in reputable companies. So, if students are looking for the best PGDM college in Greater Noida with best placements, Accurate Institute can be their top choice. Visit our website to complete the PGDM admission process.