5 MBA Skills Most Valued by B-Schools During Admissions
MBA or PGDM is one of the most sought-after degrees in the world. A top ranked management institute receives tons of applications each year against 60-80 seats available for each season, this indicates about the pressure MBA aspirants and Student’s selection committee has to face during admission seasons. But what are the top 5 attributes a student selection committee looks forward to in an MBA aspirant to select them into Post Graduate Management Programs? Let’s find out what are the top five traits for an MBA aspirant?
- Leadership qualities & collaborative approach: Institute’s Student selection committees understands that they are going to train future leaders, & an excellent leader cannot be a dictator, A leader understands that teams is his strength thus good leaders always form consensus within team and solve any problem with collaborative approach. That is why selection committees value leadership skills & Collaborative approach as their most sought-after trait in any aspirant.
- Solution group, not the problem group: When faced with a challenging situation,in almost any gathering you can identify two types of people. The first type are those who find issues about why that problem cannot be solved or what are the hurdles in solution. These types of people often crib about situations. Second type of people would be looking for and striving for a possible way out. They might be trying and failing to achieve a solution but their zest for solution would be noticeable. These people keep on looking for a solution. College Student selection groups will look forward to the second type of people because chances of the second type of people getting ahead in their life is astonishingly high. Every college wants super successful people as their alumni so that the whole society can get benefitted.
- Persistence and Dedication: Persistence and dedication can make people achieve anything in this world. Have we not witnessed a college dropout establishing the world’s most successful brand, have we not witnessed a petrol pump Indian employee, establishing Asia’s largest business empire just because he was dedicated and persistence in his efforts? Truth is that dedication and persistence are the two most important attributes for success. Colleges are no different and that is why they look forward to welcoming such students into their campuses.
- Motivation to pursue Management: The motives to pursue management education can be different for different people, Development of entrepreneurial skills, Compassionate Management Leadership, Helping Environment through sensitive corporate governance, helping society through business and resources, are few motivations which are well received by management institutes.
- Analytical skills: A management leader must tackle several complex problems in day-to-day life. An overwhelming amount of data flows through corporate leaders every day and if they do not possess the best of analytical skills their chance of success goes down drastically. Since management education is a stepping stone in any corporate leader’s life, colleges want to nurture students with strong analytical skilled candidates. Thus, having good analytical skills can get you brownie points for your admission in management courses.
Apart from these most desired qualities in MBA aspirants’ institutes also look for Self-awareness, Knowledge, and skills in a candidate before deciding on his/her admission.
Keep checking this space for more such information.
All the best.